Monday, February 23, 2009

Basketball

One of the most basic sports you can play is basketball the concept of getting the ball in the hoop doesn't seem so hard, but to some it is a mighty challenge. I mean it amazes me that professional basketball players that make millions of dollars can't shoot well from the free throw line, example: Shaq. Whenever I go play a pick up game there is always the one guy on the team that just flat out sucks, for whatever reason I am always paired up on this guys team... If that's you then please stop playing in pick up games... nobody cares that you were an intramural all star back in the day because obviously those days are over. Where I play it is somewhat competitive, but the other day I was on a team with a kid that would take every shot and usually miss the hoop by 3 ft each time. During the game my team was down by 5 (we play to 12 by 1's and 2's so we were being dominated... I wonder why?) and this kid puts up a shot that goes over the top of the backboard... at this point I had given my all to the team, but I just couldn't play with this fool anymore. After the shot I just left the game without saying anything and walked out of the gym door I obviously am not as accepting of that type of shittiness as everyone else. I can stand a few air balls, but shooting the ball over the entire backboard is by no means acceptable. I'm not even going to go into detail about his defense (there offense was give the ball to the guy the shitty kid was guarding). I couldn't help, but think I didn't belong.

1 comment:

  1. I love the beginning of basketball games...Oh shit...the score is 2-3!!! Holy fuck!

    Or at the end of games...it is clearly written in the rulebooks that you can't foul an opponent on purpose...but at the end, you have coaches and fans screaming, "FOUL HIM, FOUL HIM, FOUL HIM...MRAGH!!"

    ReplyDelete